Introduction to Git
- Getting Started with Software Development
- What is Version Control System (VCS)/Source Control Management (SCM)?
- Need for VCS/SCM
- Benefits of VCS/SCM
- What is Git?
- History of Git
- Alternatives for Git
Key Components in Git
- Git Repository
- Git Branch
- Git Tag
- Git Service Provider
Overview of Git
- Architecture of Git-managed Software Development
- Key Differences Between Git & Subversion
FAQ on Git
- Install Git
- Significance of Git Programs
- Understanding Git System Paths
- Understanding Git Configurations
- Apply Global Level Configurations in Git
- What is the Purpose of Git Repository?
- Tree Structure of Git Repository
- Initialize Git Repository
- Status of Git Repository
- Ignore Unwanted Files and Paths in Git Repository
- Add Source Tree to Git Repository
- Commit Changes to Git Repository
- Manage Git Repositories
- Deep Dive into Git Repository
- How Push Mechanism Works in Git Repository?
- How Pull Mechanism Works in Git Repository?
- Do's and Dont's with Git Repository
Git Service Provider
- What is the Purpose of Git Service Provider?
- Major Git Service Providers
- How to Choose a Git Service Provider?
- Manage SSH Keys with Git Service Provider
- Create Git Repository
- Manage Repositories in Git Service Provider
- Push Changes from Local Git Repository to Remote Git Repository
- Integrate Git Repository with Jenkins CI Server
- Do's and Dont's with Git Service Provider
- What is Git Workflow?
- What is the Purpose of Git Workflow?
- Architecture of Git Workflow
- Principles of Git Workflow
- Execute Git Workflow
- Intialize Git Workflow
- Clone Git Repository
- Cherry Pick Git Commits from One Branch and Apply to Other Branch
- Merge Git Branches
- Create Release using Git Tag
- Handle Bug After Production Deployment
- Do's and Dont's with Git Workflow
- How We Implemented Git Workflow for SloopEngine Product Development
Merge Conflict in Git
- Why Merge Conflict Occurs in Git Repository?
- Simulate Merge Conflict in Git Repository
- Fix Merge Conflict in Git Repository
- What is the Purpose of Git Stash?
- Stash Changes Before Switching to Another Git Branch
- What is the Purpose of Git Reset?
- Undo Commits on Branch using Git Reset
- What is the Purpose of Git Rebase?
- Rebasing Scenario in Git Repository
- Rebasing a Branch using Git Rebase
Interview on Git
- A machine running Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS as host operating system. Don't panic, we'll help you in this.
- Machine hardware requirements are minimum 12GB RAM, 4 CPU cores, and 100GB storage.
- Must have exceptional knowledge on Linux-based operating systems and it's commands.
The main objective of the Git course is to help you understand how to build and manage the source code of a sample CRM app using Git.
Anyone from the IT/software industry who is passionate and willing to implement version control system can start learning Git. It doesn't matter whether you are a fresher or an experienced candidate, we always start from ground zero.
- You do hands-on from day one.
- We do digital whiteboarding to make you understand concepts and real-time implementations.
- You can ask questions, participate in discussions, and get solutions for complex problems.
- We deal with a variety of use cases and case studies.
- We do deep diving on all topics.